- 40 gallons per day by installing a smart sprinkler controller
- 150 gallons each time you use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks
- 500 gallons per month by checking your sprinkler system for leaks, overspray and broken sprinkler heads
- Hundreds of gallons per year by using organic mulch around plants to reduce evaporation
- 5 gallons per day by shortening your showers by one or two minutes.
- 20 gallons per day by fixing leaky faucets
- 15 to 50 gallons per load by washing only full loads of laundry
- 10,000 gallons per year by changing your old toilet to a new 1.28 gallon flush toilet
If you were to implement all of these water-saving tips in one day, you could potentially save over 300 gallons of water! Each of these tips takes very little time and effort. Plus, after you’ve been doing them for a while, they’ll become second nature. You’ll be making a big difference for your Orange County community without even thinking about it! For more great tips, check out the slider below.
In addition to these quick daily deeds, there are easy modifications you can make to your home appliances and plumbing to help conserve water and save money. For information on green plumbing installations like water heaters and low flow toilets, give Barker and Sons Plumbing in Orange County a call!