Emergency sewer repairs are costly and frustrating! Luckily, there are preventative measures you, as a homeowner, can take to keep pipe clogs off your radar. Angie’s List recommends these 5 steps:
- Inspect in advance: If you’re thinking of purchasing a home, add a sewer pipe inspection to your checklist of considerations before buying.
- Consider a video viewing: Have a professional examine your pipe with a camera to determine its condition. Then you can budget for repairs or replacement that may be needed down the line.
- Rout it out: If roots are already finding their way into your sewer lateral, you might buy some time before the next backup by having them cleared.
- Consider coverage: The majority of homeowners’ insurance policies won’t pay for sewer pipe replacement; however, you might find one that does if you shop around.
- Do your research: Before an emergency arises, talk to your plumber about whether a trenchless or traditional method of sewer pipe replacement might be right for your home. Keep this potential repair in mind when spending on landscaping or hardscaping that might be affected.
All of Barker and Sons plumbers are highly trained and qualified. For a plumber to assist you with any of these steps, or to clean a drain that has already been clogged, call Barker and Sons at 714-630-8766.