Is your toilet clogged again? Next time your having problems with your toilet or plumbing problems in general, it may be because one of these common mistakes explained on today.com:
- You reach for the Drano: Not only are the chemicals very harsh and dangerous for you to handle, they can also ruin drain pipes and the equipment used to clear the stoppage. To prevent blockages in the first place, keep notorious cloggers like grease and hair out of drains.
- You treat the toilet like a garbage can: Even if they’re labeled “flushable,” don’t toss feminine hygiene products, personal cleaning wipes, toilet scrubbers, make-up remover pads or cat litter into the toilet. They don’t disintegrate quickly enough and can ultimately block the drain pipe.
- You try to tackle the plumbing problem yourself: Unless you have the fixed the problem on your own before, call a certified professional. It will save you money in the long run.
- You have no idea where the main valve is: Don’t be in the dark when it comes to knowing the location of the main water valve and every emergency shut off valve in your house. Also, learn how to turn them off.
- You use drop in toilet fresheners: Ditch the drop-in tank toilet fresheners. You may love the blue water it makes in your toilet bowl, but these tablets often contain chemicals that wear out working parts inside the tank. Plus, as these tablets disintegrate, they can get stuck in the flush valve and prevent the toilet from flushing.
Call Barker an Sons for a certified orange county professional when it comes to your home!