Did you know that, according to NPFA, gas grills are involved in an annual average of 7,200 home fires, while charcoal grills are involved in an annual average of 1,400 home fires? Don’t let your home be one of them. This Fourth of July, if you plan on having a barbecue for family and friends, make sure you freshen up on your best grilling practices.
To start, check out these great grilling safety tips from onstads.com:
- Always inspect your fuel line, burners and igniter to make sure they are in good condition.
- Set your grill in an open area, away from buildings and combustible materials.
- Make sure propane gas bottle is not overfilled.
- Keep the grill in the shade. The sun increases the pressure in the tank, which can lead to leaks.
- Clean the grill on regular basis to prevent grease fires.
- Keep children away from the grill.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby at all times.
Now you’re ready to get grilling and enjoy a safe and happy Independence Day in your backyard! Let us know how you plan on celebrating on our Facebook page. If plumbing emergencies or related issues arise, Call Barker and Sons for 24-7 assistance.