To make sure leaky pipes are the last thing on your mind this season, get all of your preventative plumbing maintenance out of the way today and follow these quick tips:
- Check for preventative plumbing needs ahead of time. If you notice leaks or back-ups that can be fixed now, do so.
- Keep cooking oil out of the drain. This substance will harden and cause blockage.
- Don’t use your garbage disposal as a trash can. It doesn’t like your honey-glazed ham as much as you do.
- Use drain maintenance products now. Barker and Sons offers a quality product called Bio-One.
- Open up multiple bathrooms to guests to avoid heavy usage on one drain.
- Place a small trashcan directly next to the toilet and request people use it to keep un-flushable items out of the drain.
Leaving on a jet plane this Christmas? Turn down your water heater to save energy while you are away.
Barker and Sons is available 24/7 for your emergency needs. Call us at 714.630.8766 or visit our website for more information.
Merry Christmas to you and your family from our team!