Earlier this week, we outlined five of our favorite home improvement projects that we think you should tackle during the fall. Today, we’re going to continue with this topic but focus more on your plumbing, and specifically, your pipes! Even though most of your piping is probably located behind your walls and therefore not very visible unless you go looking for it, it’s extremely important that you know that your system is built using the proper materials.
If you live in Orange County, there is a good chance that your current pipes are made from copper. And although copper is an extremely durable material that is relatively easy to repair if an issue arises, there is another option that may benefit you even more – PEX piping.
But what’s the big deal? Is PEX piping really better than your traditional copper or plastic piping? The answer is…yes! Here are just some of the benefits this type of piping offers:
- Being that it is resistant to scale and chlorine, you won’t have to worry about corrosion in PEX pipes.
- PEX pipes are rather flexible, making them easy to install in hard to reach spaces.
- If you already have copper pipes and need repairs, PEX pipes can be hooked up to them so that you don’t have to completely replace your piping system.
- PEX piping is more cost effective than materials such as copper.
- PEX piping is quieter than other pipes, so you can say goodbye to the rattling and banging you may hear from metal pipes.
Sounds pretty great if you ask us! While of course, copper pipes or other alternatives may be the better solution for your home, we highly recommend asking about PEX piping the next time you need some plumbing work done – you never know how it could help!
Interested in learning more? For more information about the benefits of PEX piping, or to inquire about having it installed in your home, contact the team here at Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter by calling 714.630.8766! You can also learn more about our repiping service here.