*Last updated on January 4, 2018.
You don’t have to be a homeowner or anyone who works in plumbing to know a few basics about the industry. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a few fun facts up your sleeve to help liven up a home renovation and plumbing conversation? (Don’t laugh — you’d be surprised how often homeowners get to chatting about their water supply!) We sure think so! That’s why today, we’ve compiled a few of our favorite fun plumbing facts to share. Go on, read up and stock your knowledge bank with a plethora or plumbing tidbits.
10 Plumbing Facts & Trivia Tidbits
- After announcing that he would be a plumber if he had the chance to do things over, Albert Einstein was declared an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union.
- Great Britain’s King George II died as a result of falling off of a toilet on October 25, 1760.
- Toilets are flushed more during the Super Bowl’s halftime than any other time of the year.
- Ten-percent of homeowners are guilty of turning the blind eye on leaks that waste at least 90 gallons of water each day — yikes!
- To that point… household leaks nationwide can lead to a total of one trillion gallons of water wasted each year.
- Contrary to popular belief, water can flow in either direction in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- To keep from falling through their own opening, manhole covers are purposely designed to be circular.
- On average, people spend three years of their life sitting on the toilet.
- Mario and Luigi are the most famous plumbers and have been featured in more than 200 games since the Mario Brothers were first introduced.
- The history of standardized plumbing dates all the way back to approximately 3,000 B.C.
Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter is Orange County’s team of trusted plumbers that provides fast, same day plumbing service to customers in Orange County, California. With a team of safe, licensed plumbers who are available around the clock, Barker and Sons is the answer to all of your plumbing needs. For more information about the plumbing services offered, please call 714-630-8766 today.