There’s no easier way to keep your home in good shape than by performing routine maintenance every few months or so. Even in those states where the temperature is pretty consistent all year long, there will always be something to do both indoors and outdoors to ensure that the potential for damage is as limited as possible.
For our friends and family here in Orange County, California, let’s take a look at some of the top maintenance tasks you should be performing as we head into summer:
- Inspect your deck or patio for safety hazards such as loose boards, shaking railings or exposed nails. With holidays such as Father’s Day and the 4th of July coming up, you may be spending more time outdoors for BBQs and celebrations, which makes having a safe yard that much more important.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re still working. If not, change the batteries or have them professionally inspected if needed.
- Dust off your ceiling fans and adjust all settings to provide maximum comfort. Did you know that by having your ceiling fans on while your A/C is running, you can lower the A/C’s temperature and ultimately save some money on your energy bills?
- Thoroughly clean or change the air filters in all of your air conditioning units. Since dirty filters can prevent an air conditioner from working properly, have this done ASAP before temperatures really rise!
- Clean your dryer vent to remove lint and dust. Although it’s important to do this regularly to prevent a fire, if you forget, use the start of a new season as a reminder to do so.
Last but not least, don’t forget to schedule an appointment for a professional drain cleaning! Clogged drains can really put a damper on a home’s plumbing system, but we can help you prevent them from occurring through our drain cleaning services!
To learn more about how Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter can keep your home in tip-top shape this summer, please give us a call at 714.630.8766. And don’t forget – you can also connect with us on social media to have access to all of our latest home maintenance and general home tips!