*Last updated March 2, 2018.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
At a young age, we were asked, “what do you want to be when you grow up?” Our answers? A doctor, a policeman, a dancer, a professional sports player… the list goes on and on. But, what would you say if you were asked that very same question today? As a company made up of four generations of plumbers, you can probably guess what our answer was and what it would be if you asked us time and time again.
If you’re starting to seriously think about a career, or even a career change, and what you’d like to do, we highly encourage you to consider entering the plumbing industry. Aside from the facts that the work is rewarding and the customers in Orange County are the kindest and most grateful folks around, there are a few more benefits you can expect to enjoy when becoming skilled in this trade.
3 Benefits of Becoming a Plumber
- Salary: Rated #1 in Best Construction Jobs by U.S News and World Report, plumbers can make a wonderful living for themselves, especially as they work their way up with their training and licenses. The median salary has been reported at $51,450 and the best-paid plumbers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, pull in about $90,530. After five years, with standard pay raises, plumbers can earn more than other professions found on the Best Construction Jobs list — like teachers and police officers.
- Job Stability & Opportunity: So long as there are buildings and homes with pipes and water running through them, there is going to be a need for plumbers. Not only that, but a hiring spurt of 16% is expected for plumbers by 2026. Currently, there are a total of 75,800 available plumbing opportunities nationwide. And, as you complete your training, there are also plenty of opportunities to move up and take on different kinds of work in the field as well.
- Variety: Every day is a chance to learn and try something new. For example, at Barker and Sons, we offer all types of plumbing services, such as leak detection and repairs, high-pressure water hydrojetting, and gas line installations, to name a few. Since all customers and clients will have different plumbing needs when they call, you’ll get to experience new things and take on new challenges constantly, rather than completing the same task each and every day.
Plumbing Jobs in Orange County
Now that you know the facts about a career in plumbing, we’ll let you in on a little secret — Barker and Sons is currently hiring and looking for candidates like you! With a career with Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter you’ll enjoy:
- Great pay and benefits
- Continual training and education
- Company gas card and iPad
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Retirement plan and contribution matching
- Fully stocked, air-conditioned truck
Now is your opportunity to become a Barker and Sons plumber. We even offer an apprenticeship program to those new to the field, so you can earn while you learn.
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you! Contact us to learn how you can achieve career excellence and become a Barker and Sons team member today!