Cleaning your bathroom is easy right? After all, all you really have to do is wipe down the sink, scrub the toilet, mop the floor, clean the mirror and maybe dust a little bit. Sure, this may sound good to you, but we have some things to say back to that – cleaning your bathroom isn’t always easy, and in fact, you might even be doing it wrong!
If you’re doing any or all of these 5 things, it’s time to make some adjustments to your cleaning routine:
- You’re scrubbing plastic shower curtains.
- You’re using paper towels to wipe things down and dust things off.
- You rarely, if ever, vacuum.
- You only clean the top and front of your toilet.
- You keep things room temperature.
Guilty of any of the above? If so, here’s what you should do instead:
- Rather than waste all of your energy on scrubbing plastic shower curtains, send them into the washing machine with your dirty towels! After you’ve got your towels and shower curtain in there, add a cup of vinegar and run the cycle for approximately 5 minutes. Then, let it all sit and soak for around an hour before turning the washer back on! And once it’s all done, make sure you hang the curtain to dry.
- You could probably go through an entire roll of paper towels trying to clean your bathroom with them! Instead, use a microfiber cloth to clean the surfaces in your bathroom. The best part about these cloths is that they’re designed to attract dust and dirt, so you won’t even really need to use any cleaning sprays. Not to mention, they’re reusable!
- Nope, vacuuming is not limited to carpeted surfaces. Before you use a true cleaning solution to get the grime off of your bathroom’s floor, run the vacuum over it to pick up loose dirt first – you’ll be glad you did!
- We know it isn’t the most pleasing job to do, but it’s really important that you clean the back of your toilet too. Dirt, dust, grime, pretty much everything you can think of can wind up back up and create a residue that’s stubborn, so you’ll want to clean it all up before you’re left with more of a mess.
- Did you know that if you heat your tub, tiles, and sink to about 10 degrees higher than room temperature, you can double how effective alkaline cleansers are? Before you bring out the elbow grease and start scrubbing things like your tub or sink, fill them with the hottest water you have and give it some time to sit – after that, you’re good to start scrubbing.
Now let us ask – is cleaning the bathroom on your agenda for this week? If so, don’t forget to keep these tips in mind!
Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter provides plumbing services to customers in Orange County, California. Staffed with a team of licensed plumbers, Barker and Sons is the answer to all of your plumbing needs. To learn more, call 714.630.8766.