As your trusted Orange County plumbers, we strive to share as much knowledge about plumbing with our readers as we can. Today, however, we’d like to see how much YOU know about plumbing! Just grab a pen and some paper and write down your answers to the following questions – then come back tomorrow to check your answers!
True or False?
- Fats and grease are perfectly okay to put down the garbage disposal.
- Pipe corrosion can be caused by the chemicals in the water AND the amount of oxygen in the water.
- Enzyme based drain cleaners are ok to use on major clogs.
- Small leaks can get bigger if you do not address them as soon as possible.
- All leaks will always rise to the surface.
Fill In The Blank
- ___% of homes are said to have leaks that waste 90+ gallons per day.
- Fixing household leaks can save you approximately ___% on your water bill.
- Household leaks have the ability to waste more than ___ trillion gallons per year when accounted for nationwide.
- Tankless water heaters are typically set to ___degrees.
- ___ water contains large quantities of dissolved minerals, such as calcium and magnesium.
- What is the first thing you should do if you discover a major leak at home?
- What is one of the most important things to avoid in order to prevent a clogged drain?
- What are three indicators of a slab leak?
- What is one benefit of having a tankless water heater?
- What can you do to get rid of odors coming from a garbage disposal?
Need help finding the answers? You can find a ton of them on our website – all you have to do is look around!