Out of all of the monthly expenses homeowners have – mortgages, cable, water, etc – we know that one of the most costly can be energy – take a minute now and just think about what you paid last month towards things like electricity and cooling/heating. If your bill was on the higher side, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to lower it for next month? We think so, which is why today we’re here to share some tips on how you can save energy (and thus, some money) at home this fall:
- When you’re sleeping or out of your house for an extended period of time, adjust the temperature on your thermostat so that your heating/cooling system doesn’t have to work so hard.
- Check your windows and doors for air leaks and add caulk or weatherstripping where necessary.
- Similarly, locate spaces that are utility cut-throughs for your pipes as well as spaces that may be visible around recessed lighting and seal those areas as well.
- Adjust the temperature of your water heater to be on the “warm” setting.
- Have your heating and and cooling system serviced to ensure it’s performing properly.
Here at Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter, we’re all about being efficient, and one way to become energy efficient at home is by making sure you have the right water heater installed! Our team is available to help you pick out a water heater that is the right make and model for your home, and we’ll always keep energy efficiency in mind.
For more information about our water heater services, please call 714.630.8766 today.