It’s Mario Day, a day to pay homage to all the Marios in your life, especially everyone’s favorite Nintendo character, who happens to also be a plumber! While Super Mario is definitely one of the most notable pop culture icons as far as plumbers go, he’s not the only one worth celebrating. Today, we’ve got five more famous plumbers to add to your list:
- Albert Einstein: We bet you didn’t know everyone’s favorite genius was a plumber. To be fair, he wasn’t… but he wanted to be! When asked what career path he would choose if he could do it all over again by Forbes magazine, Einstein said “I would rather choose to be a plumber…”
- Ozzy Osbourne: Yes, you read that right! The prince of darkness himself was once a plumber before is hard rockin’ days. I wonder what folks who met him over a clogged toilet or burst pipe are thinking now. Rock on Ozzy!
- Sir Michael Caine: You probably know this Academy Award winning actor best for his part as Batman’s butler in the batman trilogy. What you probably don’t know, is that Caine was a plumbing assistant in search of an apprenticeship before his movie career began.
- Bob Hoskins: Michael Caine isn’t the only one on the silver screen to fix a few leaks in his day. Bob Hoskins, best known for his performances in Hook, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and (fittingly) his role as a plumber in the Super Marios Bros. movie, was once a plumber’s assistant as well.
- Luigi: How could be leave Mario’s partner in crime off the list? Mario without Luigi is like peanut butter without jelly, like a pea missing its pod. These two have been fighting clog-causing creatures together since 1983!
Can you think of any other famous plumbers in pop culture and beyond? We’d love to hear all about them on our Facebook page!
Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter is a family owned and operated business that serves Orange County, California. Plumbing services are available 24/7, and a member of the team will personally answer all calls. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 714.630.8766 today.