Memorial Day Weekend is finally here! Have you planned out the details of your barbecue festivities yet? If not, there’s still time, and if you’ve already got the wheels in motion, picking up a few last minute pointers can’t hurt! So, without further ado, here’s our quick guide to planning an MDW BBQ that friends and family will be raving over.
- Make it a potluck. You might be thinking, “but wait, as the host shouldn’t I be providing the food?” Yes! You certainly should, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it all on your own. Invite guests to bring a dish of their choice to spread the love (and the workload).
- Clean your grill beforehand. For many, this might be the first time you’re firing up the grill for the season. As much as you’d like to think those leftover tidbits from last season may add to the flavor (yuck!), trust us, they don’t. Start fresh and clean for summer 2017!
- The decor is everything. Being that it’s Memorial Day, the obvious theme here is patriotism, but that doesn’t mean you can’t give it a little twist. Consider a superhero theme to commemorate our American heroes, or a red, white and blue Hawaiian luau!
- Fend off the bugs. Citronella candles and tiki torches are a must! Nothing ruins a great BBQ like a pack of buzzing party crasher. Make sure to have plenty of bug spray on deck as well.
- Remember to pre-prep. We want you to enjoy your BBQ as much as you guests do. That means making sure you’re fully prepared beforehand so the day runs nice and smooth for you. Marinate your meats, chop your veggies and stock up on plates, utensils and necessary toiletries at least a day in advance.
Follow these simple tips, and your MDW barbecue is sure to be a hit! And remember, should you run into any unfriendly plumbing problems before, during or after your party, Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter is always here to assist! We’re available 24/7/265 to handle all your plumbing emergencies with same day service, so you don’t have to.
If you happen to find yourself in a plumbing pickle this MDW, call 714-6330-8766 or contact us online right away.