Just like with many of life’s bumps in the road, early detection is key to avoiding possible plumbing crises down the line. Unfortunately, many homeowners are unaware of what exactly they should be looking for to spot these plumbing issues early on. So, today, we’re here to help you prevent a plumbing disaster! Keep your eye on these telltale signs that something within your plumbing has gone awry:
- Talking Faucets: Have you become accustomed to that familiar screeching sound your faucets make every time you turn them on? Not only is this pesky, but it can also indicate that there’s air trapped within your pipes.
- Poor Pressure: There’s nothing worse than trying to rinse shampoo out of your hair with sub-par water pressure. Unless of course, that poor water pressure is caused by a clog or a water leak — then you’ll have bigger fish to fry!
- Ghostly Pipes: Pinging, rattling or knocking noises can be scary, especially in the middle of the night. However, instead of writing them off as supernatural foul play, consider the possibility that air has become trapped in your plumbing and is trying to escape.
- Mysterious Puddles: This should be a no-brainer — if water is present and you didn’t put it there, chances are a leak in your plumbing did. Check underneath your sinks, around your tub and toilet, as well as in crawl spaces to make sure mold isn’t festering.
- Gurgling Drains: This is the most telling sign that a drain clog is close by! You may want to try snaking or clearing your drains with a natural remedy. If that doesn’t work, it’s time to call in the professionals for a drain cleaning. (Slow draining is another common sign!)
- Brown Water: If your faucets are spewing water with tinted tones, this is a good indication that your water heater or pipes themselves are ready for a replacement. Most times, a brownish red tint usually indicates that rust and sediment are being left behind.
We’ve saved the best for last… want to know the most effective way to spot plumbing problems before they arise? It’s by scheduling regular plumbing maintenance with your local professional! Having your drains cleaned and sewer lines inspected on a regular basis can really work wonders when it comes to early detection and prevention. So, what are you waiting for? Stop managing your home’s plumbing reactively and start doing so proactively instead.
If you live in the Orange County, CA area, and are looking for friendly, reliable, professional plumbing services, Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter is the only name you need to know! For more information about our residential and commercial plumbing and rooter services, dial 714-630-8766 or contact us online today.