As we all know, summers in Orange County, California can certainly get hot! For that reason, it’s important to have a nice refreshing beverage on deck to cool down and kick it poolside. We’ll admit it, we’re certainly partial to good old-fashioned water, being plumbers and all, but we can still appreciate a fresh brewed iced tea once in awhile as well. In fact, when we do switch it up, we prefer to put these five iced tea twists to the test!
- Chamomile, Strawberry, Orange: The perfect blend of sweet strawberries, soft chamomile and powerful citrus! Adding fresh fruits to your tea helps sweeten it naturally, and presents a really refreshing finish.
- Southern and Sweet: A classic cup of sweet tea is a staple down south, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bring it to the west coast! The secret ingredient here? Simple syrup. Made by bringing water and sugar to a boil. Yum!
- Classic Half and Half: First made famous by the renowned golfer and iced tea enthusiast Arnold Palmer, the half lemonade, half iced tea mixture has been a fan favorite for quite some time now. To be honest, it combines the best summer beverages in one — so we’re not surprised it’s such a hit!
- Sangria Tea Mocktail: Having company over? Get fancy with a sangria that guests of all ages can enjoy. The combination of grape juice, lemon, lime, a dash of fizzle and some puréed raspberries is sure to quench your guests’ thirst and leave them asking for a refill!
- Minty Green Mixture: Nothing says “refreshing” quite like the mixture of soft green tea and tingly mint flavors on the palate. Toss in some honey or agave if you choose, and you’ll have a nice, light iced tea — perfect for any occasion.
Which one of these unique iced tea twists are you itching to try? We’d love to see some of your creations on our Facebook page!
In the meantime, while you’re whipping up your next batch of freezing cold refreshments, don’t forget that clean, crisp water can make all the difference! That’s right, we’re talking water filtration systems, and if you live in Orange County, Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter can help provide them!