Although the summer may be quickly coming to an end, that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy the unofficial end of the season — Labor Day! If you plan on having a few friends and family over for a Labor Day weekend BBQ, you’ll want to make sure that you don’t run into any plumbing problems during the festivities. Here are a few tips to help you prevent Labor Day weekend plumbing problems.
5 Tips to Prevent Plumbing Problems:
- Keep a Garbage Can in the Bathroom – You don’t want to have guests flushing things down the toilet that they shouldn’t, so make sure that you have an empty garbage can in the bathroom to make things easy for them.
- Be Careful When Cooking – Many of our favorite BBQ foods can’t go down your garbage disposal. Stringy vegetables like corn, starchy foods like potato salad, and hard bones from BBQ ribs can all damage your disposal blades or cause a plumbing clog.
- Clean Off Your Plates – In addition to being careful during meal prep, you’ll want to be careful when cleaning the dishes, too. Clean off food scraps in the garbage before putting the dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
- Know Where Your Water Valves Are – Knowing where the water valves are (including your main water valve) can help prevent a flooding emergency.
- Check Your Hose Bib – If you plan on using your outdoor hose to run a sprinkler for the kids or to clean off the patio, check your hose bib for leaks, first. Even a tiny hose bib leak can lead to significant water waste.
If you do run into any problems with your plumbing system, our professional technicians here at Barker & Sons Plumbing and Rooter are here to help. Give us a call or visit our website to learn more about the plumbing services that we offer to the Orange County area.