Clogged drain? Leaky faucet? We’ve all been there — but before you dial the number of the first plumber you see, there are a few questions that you’ll want to ask.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Plumber:
- Are they licensed and bonded and insured? You want to make sure that the plumber that you hire is a licensed one. This will help ensure that the work passes inspection.
- Are there any warranties available? Before starting any plumbing project, whether it be a water heater installation or bathroom remodel, ask if there are any warranties on the fixtures that you are installing. These will protect your investment if something goes wrong in the future!
- Are they experienced? Ask if the plumber has ever completed a job similar to yours before. You want someone who is truly an expert in their field and that they are competent enough to complete the work that you are asking to be done.
- Do they clean up after themselves? While homeowners always hope that their plumber will clean up after themselves, this isn’t always the case. Avoid having a huge mess left behind by making sure that the plumbing contractor you hire is responsible for the mess. (Here at Barker & Sons, our plumbing technicians are always neat and clean — and treat your home with respect!)
- What is the total cost? Many plumbers won’t provide you with a price until they can estimate the total cost of the project in person. However, make sure that you get a written quote before the work begins! This will help eliminate any miscommunication surrounding the cost of your service.
Do you need a plumber? Learn more about why you should choose Barker & Sons on our website or give us a call at 704-630-8766 directly to speak with a representative — we always treat our clients like family!