Ho ho how are you going to get all that cooking done in time for Christmas dinner!? Don’t sweat it. Starting early with a good plan of attack is the key to cruising through the kitchen this holiday season. Here are a few Christmas dinner staples to get your cooking juices flowing.
- Holiday Eggnog – Start your holiday off right with toasty homemade eggnog! You can keep it kid-friendly, or add in a bit of bourbon or rum for the elder-folk. Or, if you’re feeling really festive, test out the ultimate holiday beverage, a Gingerbread Eggnog White Russian — yum!
- Glazed Ham – While some people will enjoy a roast turkey or roast beef, many folks kick off supper time with an alternative star of the show — a deliciously sweet and savory glazed ham.
- Mashed Potatoes – Truly, they’re the staple side dish for most meals — but we’re not complaining! Who can resist creamy, dreamy, perfectly mashed potatoes? Not us!
- Stuffing & Cranberry Sauce – Contrary to what you may have thought these two class acts aren’t just around for Thanksgiving. No! They arrive during the height of fall and stick around well into the holiday season. Some people even include them in the New Years festivities!
- Fruitcake – Talk about a staple! Fruitcake has been known to get a bad wrap from time to time, but that’s because those people have never had Christmas fruitcake loaded with butter, rum, and fresh (not candied) fruit! Give fruitcake a second shot this year — you won’t be disappointed.
- Christmas Cookies – And finally, the dessert headliner, cookies! From traditional gingerbread men to these Caramel-Gingerbread Cookie Bars by Delish — cookies are a staple that Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without.
What are the staple dishes hitting your holiday table this Christmas? We’d love to hear the traditional delights your family eats for the festivities. And remember, should you run into and plumbing problems while cooking or at any time on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, Barker and Sons Plumbing is only a phone call away!
Barker and Sons Plumbing & Rooter is a family owned and operated business that serves Orange County, California. Plumbing services are available 24/7, and a member of the team will personally answer all calls. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 714-630-8766 today.