In our previous blog post, we wanted to see how much you know about plumbing by putting together a simple quiz. Now, we’re back with the answers so you can see how you did (and if you didn’t take it yet, do so now and then come back to check!). Let’s get started:
True or False?
Fill In The Blank
(Some answers courtesy of EPA WaterSense)
- Upon finding a major leak, the first thing you should do is turn off the water supply at the main shutoff valve. If you are unable to find yours, you can turn off your water meter. After that’s been taken care of, contact us!
- In order to prevent a clogged drain, you’ll want to avoid rinsing fats and cooking oils down your sink. This is because fats and oils cannot be washed out with water once they start sticking to the drains and pipes.
- Three indicators of a slab leak are: a high water bill, changes to your water meter reading when no one is using water, and hotspots on the floor. Other warning signs are: you hear running water or the ground surrounding your home is saturated.
- A benefit of having a tankless water heater is that they never run out of hot water! Other answers may include: there is no risk of an untimely leak and they can result in reduced energy bills!
- To get rid of the bad odors coming from your garbage disposal, pour a cup of ice cubes down it and run the blades. Though it’ll make a loud, scary noise, nothing bad is happening to your system – the blades are just being cleaned! During this process you can also add some lemon juice or lemon rinds to bring on a better scent.
So, how did you do? Be sure to share your results with us on social media!